Arequipa

Day trip to Laguna de Salinas

© elkenoda
You already liked this !

La Laguna de Salinas is located on the back side of Misti volcano and Pichu Pichu Mountain. The distance from Arequipa to Salinas is 68 kilometres and driving takes around 3 hours because of the poor condition of the roads that pass through Misti volcano and Pichu Pichu Mountain. Salinas salt lake is part of the national reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca – The 60% of the lake is located in the territory of Arequipa region and the other 40% is part of Moquegua region. It serves as a home to Andean and Chilean flamingos, Andean goose, Andean avocet, Tamarugo Conebill, Puna plover, Canasteros, eagle and if you are lucky is possible to see some Andean Condors flying around. One can also spot Andean foxes, Viscacha (Lagidium peruanum), lizard, falcons, deer, Vicuña, Llamas, Alpaca and sometimes Huanacos and Andean Puma.

See also : Take the El Misti Volcano Tour

Arequipa Travel Guide Things to do in Arequipa

Trips Planned by the Travel Expert

Share Your Experience

write a review
Choose Your Contacts
Select All

Save Your Trip


*Make sure you enter a valid email for future access


Login or Register



Keep Me Logged In.

Forgot Password?
Don't have an account? Register Now

Please wait! while we link your account with Google+.

Login

Login with Social Media

OR

Login with JustOrbit

Re-send Password Keep Me Logged In.

Register

Login with Social Media

OR

Register with JustOrbit

Register on JustOrbit